Celebrate Israel on May 17: Israeli Cultural Festival
Sunday, May 17, The Celebrate Israel Festival, 11am. A day of Israeli interactive cultural festival with art, history, cuisine, crafts, Judaica and techno displays for all ages is fast approaching! This year the festivities take place in Rancho Park, Cheviot Hills Recreation Center.
When you use the special link to purchase your tickets, 10% of the ticket sales will come back to BCC! Click here to purchase tickets
The festivities will begin at 11am with many new exciting attractions throughout the festival. Tickets are sold online at $6 each for both adults and children. Door prices for both kids and adults will be $10. This year all food at the festival will be Glatt Kosher under the strict supervision of RCC and Kehila.
This year’s theme – Jerusalem of Gold — will give attendees the opportunity to visit various sites of Jerusalem, learn about the Old City, participate in various hands–on projects and experience the city’s magic.
- Kotel Tunnels – Take a tour through the Kotel Tunnels and learn about the history of Jerusalem and the many hidden gems of one of the oldest cities in the world. At the end of the tunnel, meet the Kotel Tunnel guide from Israel who will explain the history of the Tunnels and Jerusalem.
- Western Wall (Kotel) – Visit our 32ft-long Kotel where you can put your note that will be delivered to the Holy Land this summer!
- Headliner Performances by Israeli megastar Shlomi Shabbat on the main stage and Dod Haim on the kid’s stage. Please visit our website for the complete lineup and schedule for the kids stage and main stage.
- Shuk Machane Yehuda – Take a stroll through one of the most colorful spots in Jerusalem. Walking though the Shuk, you will feel right at home with artists from Israel and local vendors selling art, jewelry, Judaica, home goods and gifts.
- Technology Pavilion –Stop by to see the latest Israeli innovation and ideas at our festival! Ted-style presentations will take place throughout the day. Visit our website for the full schedule.
- Community Mural – We are excited to have Los Angeles based artist extraordinaire Tomer Perez back again. Stop by the large-scale community mural that Tomer will create, and grab a paintbrush to add your personal touch. We can’t wait to see the finished masterpiece.
- Places & Faces Photography Exhibit – Stop by our photography exhibit to see some of today’s talented photographers and their view of Jerusalem.
- CreateLAB – Design, build, create and be inspired at our famous CreateLab, open all day with multiple FREE art projects for the entire family. Express yourself and enjoy arts and crafts with our entire community.
- “Ahava” Art Installation – We love Jerusalem so much that we decided to recreate the famous “Ahava” statue from the Israel Museum. Stop by and take your photo there and show us how much you love Israel by posting your photos on Instagram and hashtag #CelebrateIsraelFest
- Amusement Park and MORE – Throughout the park, there will be many other arts and crafts projects, amusement rides, face painting, glitter tattoos and so much more. See you at the park!