Offer Your Goods for the Silent Auction
BCC Members and Friends! BCC needs your help securing high-quality fabulous items for our annual Silent Auction. We rely on the funds raised at this event to keep our membership available to all who seek it, regardless of finances. TV show taping and Walk On? Fabulous Dining, Travel, Cultural Events and Gifts? Professional Services by top notch providers? Whether you have access to great items through your professional or personal networks or you are willing to solicit business you frequent, we hope every member can offer at least one item to the auction.
Beth Chayim Chadashim (BCC), the world’s first lesbian and gay synagogue, is once again hosting its annual BCC Awards Brunch. This year promises to be more special than ever as we celebrate our community’s achievements and our outstanding honorees! The event will be attended by approximately 300 BCC members, friends and dignitaries. The event will be held on Sunday, June 2, 2013 at the elegant Omni Hotel Los Angeles.
Each year, the silent auction is central to the success of our event. It is our pleasure to invite you to participate by donating an item or gift certificate from your business. In return for your tax-deductible contribution, your company or your name will be listed in the event tribute book, the auction catalog which is distributed to more than 1,000 people, and on a screen in the banquet room at the event. It will also be attractively displayed at the auction along with any promotional materials you provide.
Our guests are always most appreciative of the support of donors to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) and Jewish communities and strive to support your business in the future.
For further information on the Brunch, BCC, or the silent auction, please contact me at the number below. For your records, BCC’s non-profit taxpayer ID number is 95-3944213. Included is a donor form for you to complete and return. We can happily arrange pick up of your donated item, or you can mail or deliver items to the BCC office, Attention: Auction Committee. For your item to be included in the silent auction it must be received by Monday, May 13, 2013. Click here to go to the official donor form.
In order to get a better understanding of what our silent auction is all about we’ve created a “wish list”- A List to Inspire You to Think Out Of The Box about what is going on auction on our annual Awards Brunch. As you can see, it’s also about promoting your talent and/or business, just as much as it is for actual physical stuff. Also, while you are shopping at your favorite store or eating in your favorite restaurants, ask for a donation! Many businesses view auctions as an excellent publicity venue. Download a letter for businesses here.
- Take a quick break and go on a local vacation (Hotel stays in Beverly Hills, by the beach, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Ojai, Big Bear…)
- Condos/Time shares
- Getaways to New York, San Francisco, Mexico, Hawaii, etc
- Airplane tickets or frequent flyer miles
- Walk-on roles for TV shows/movies
- Dinner/experience with a celebrity
- Private movie screenings
- Visits to a set
- Tickets to reality show finals, awards shows, movie premiers
- Concert/Theater/Bowl Tickets
- Entertainment memorabilia or collectibles
- Tickets to Dodgers, Sparks, Clippers, Lakers, Kings games
- Sports Memorabilia
- Opportunity to play basketball/tennis/golf with famous player
- Jewelry from your favorite jeweler or artist
- Fine Art from a gallery
- A great handbag
- Gift certificates to retail stores
FOOD AND WINE
- Catered lunches, dinners or parties
- Restaurant certificates
- Fine Wine
- Whole Foods/Gelsons/Bristol Farms/Cheese Store of Beverly Hills/Wally’s Wines/The Wine House
- Hair and Beauty Treatments
- Spa Packages; Massage; Yoga or Pilates classes; Personal Trainer
- Museum memberships; Theme parks-year long passes
- Cooking Class or other classes
- Dry Cleaning
- Consulting Services