Zumba Master Class
Zumba is an aerobic fitness program featuring movements inspired by various styles of Latin American dances. BCC’s Zumba master class workshop will be taught by Fernando and Alejandra.
Get your tickets here:
Join the party (and get ready to burn some calories…) on Sunday, June 22, between 3-5pm.
Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — and resistance training. It reduces health risks, keeps excess pounds at bay, strengthens your heart and boosts your mood.
All levels welcome. $10 for members, $20 general. This workshop will benefit the 20s/30s Havurah Summer Jewish Retreat in Big Bear.
Five things you may not know about Zumba!
1. Even though Zumba is a relatively new fitness craze, it’s actually been around since the mid-90s.
2. Zumba was created by Alberto “Beto” Perez, an aerobics instructor in Cali, Colombia, when he forgot his workout music for a class. He improvised with some salsa and merengue tapes he happened to have in his backpack, and the class was an instant hit!
The word ‘Zumba’ is Colombian slang for buzz like a bee or move very fast.
3. The dance steps in Zumba are inspired by a wide array of musical influences, including cumbia, salsa, merengue, mambo, flamenco, chachacha, reggaeton, soca, samba, belly dancing, bhangra, hip hop, axé music, and tango.
4. You can burn 500-800 calories in a one hour class. Some people report burning over 1000!
5. Zumba workouts are taught in at over 40,000 locations in 75 countries.Classes at BCC - No Comments